Welcome to Hitachi Vantara Support Connect website at support.hitachivantara.com! This guide will familiarize you with the improvements and layout of Support Connect. Support Connect’s intuitive new dashboard is easy to navigate and brings together Hitachi Vantara legacy support resources, as well as new tools that improve your ability to find the support content you’re looking for. A unified website you can access from either your mobile or desktop device, Support Connect’s increased bandwidth and mobile device optimization will enhance your experience regardless of the platform you choose.
For frequently asked questions, please see the Support Connect FAQ.
Support Connect Videos
For instructional videos and helpful how to articles on using Support Connect, click the + below to expand and browse the articles:
Support Connect Registration Flyer
This flyer is shipped with product orders and details what the Customer needs in order to register, how to register and lists some of the features of Support Connect. Click here to view the flyer.
Support Connect Dashboard
View How to Navigate the Support Connect Dashboard for a video tour of the dashboard.
Login to access all the features Support Connect has to offer including Product Downloads, Cases and Technical Bulletins. The dashboard shown below is a 3-pane layout:
- The left-hand navigation pane displays commonly used resources.
- The right-hand navigation pane is contextual and provides more options for refining your middle-pane support content, as well as other shortcuts like upcoming courses in Hitachi's Learning Center.
- The center pane is your personalized dashboard that delivers information relevant to your products and solutions, like Technical Bulletins, Hi-Track Remote Monitoring system status and Cases.
- The search bar at the top right of the page provides quick access to resources.
Manage your user profile, site users and subscriptions by clicking on your user name to the left of the search bar, shown below. From there you can access:
- My Profile: Edit your profile information, password and primary site.
- View Site Users: View all users who have registered access to view a specific service site. For more information, click here.
- Manage Subscriptions: Manage your Technical Bulletin subscriptions (online and/or email delivery for the products you choose to receive bulletins for).
Left-hand Navigation Pane
Use the left-hand navigation pane to access:
- Knowledge: Find answers to help you solve your issue.
- Technical Bulletins: Review archived bulletins and subscribe to new bulletins for online or email delivery for Hitachi products and solutions. Stay informed about preventative maintenance, alerts, and emergency notifications. To learn more about subscribing to tech bulletins, click here.
- Cases: Create and manage Cases for your Hitachi products and solutions. Quickly create and track the status of a Case and upload files to the TUF system, with the option to include Cases from Hi-Track Remote Monitoring system.
- License Management: Select and retrieve copies of license keys for your Hitachi storage products.
- Product Downloads: For the latest software, drivers and firmware downloads for your Hitachi products.
- Product Documentation: View best practices, installation notes, maintenance/service guides, release notes and user guides.
- My Products: Shows you quick reference, details and support information on your products with the ability to add new products and search for products by alias or serial number. Support Connect allows you to customize the alias of each product shown in My Products in order to reference products using your internal company nomenclature.
- My Sites: Shows you the physical location of your sites and Hitachi products at those sites.
- More Information: Find details on service and support programs, warranty information, self-service, interoperability, EOL and more.
- Community: Explore Hitachi Vantara online community and join conversations with users and Hitachi personnel about Hitachi products and solutions.
Clicking Knowledge displays the Knowledge site with current articles and documentation on Hitachi products.
Perform a search of the Knowledge site by using the Search Knowledge and Documentation search box.
For more information on Knowledge, see How to Navigate Through Knowledge.
Clicking Technical Bulletins displays archived bulletins. (Login Required)
- The center column displays all bulletins that meet your selection criteria on the right
- Use the right hand column to change filter criteria and results will display in the center column
To receive Technical Bulletins by email, please reference How to Subscribe to Receive Technical Bulletins.
To create or view Cases on Support Connect, you must first login.
A. The center column displays Cases which meet your filter criteria.
B. The right hand column can filter results displayed based on selected criteria.
For instructions on creating a Case please see: How to Create a New Case Using the Support Connect Website
Select and retrieve copies of license keys for your Hitachi storage products.
For instructions, see How to Download License Keys from Support Connect.
Click Product Downloads for the latest software, drivers and firmware downloads for your Hitachi products. (Login Required)
For instruction, see How to Access Product Downloads on Support Connect.
A. Networking downloads: downloads related to 3rd party Hitachi specific downloads for Brocade, Cisco and QLogic.
B. Available Software Software related downloads.
C. Available System Drivers, Firmware & Adapters: download overview including compatible products and included components.
Search or navigate through the product structure to find best practices, installation notes, maintenance/service guides, release notes and user guides for your product.
For more information on Product Documentation, see How to Navigate Through Knowledge.
View the complete list of all your products. Click on a product to access the product details including Cases, Warranty & Maintenance, and quick links to Downloads and related information for that product.
For instructions, see How to Access My Products on Support Connect.
Displays a lists of sites that a user has registered for Support Connect Access.
- Select a Site to view products installed at that site.
- Add a product if your product does not display and you purchased through a 3rd party.
For instructions, see How to Access My Sites on Support Connect.
To add additional sites, please reference How to Add Additional Sites on Support Connect.
See What Can I Access on the More Information Page of Support Connect? for a video tour of the More Information page.
Access other support sites, learn more about our service programs, levels and warranties, view product interoperability, or find a support office location in your area.