This article provides step by step instructions on how to create a new Case on Support Connect.
- Log into your Support Connect account
- Select "Cases" from the left navigation
- Click the "+New Case" link in the upper right
- Choose your site, enter your product name or serial number and provide a short description of the issue
- Review the suggested Knowledge articles to see if your issue already has an answer. If you find a relevant article that answers your question, click the "Nevermind problem solved" button. If not, click the "Continue Submitting Case" button.
- Complete the Case form:
- Brief Title (100 character limit)
- Description: This field is pre-populated with the description originally entered in step 4. Please add as much information as available and provide answers to standard performance questions if the issue is related to a performance problem (See Additional Notes below).
- Severity: NOTE: SEV:1 is not available when creating a Case on Support Connect. For SEV:1 issues, please CALL Hitachi Vantara Support or contact your SAM for immediate assistance
- Product and Site are automatically populated based on your selections in step 4.
- Reported By: Select when you would like to be contacted in the "Availability" drop down list. Also enter alternate contact information. If your company has a 24 hour Command Center or NOC, enter the group email address / phone number as the alternate contact.
- Click the "Submit Case" button
- Your Case has now been created. A pop-up window will appear with your Case xxxxxxxx number shown. You may need to turn off any pop-up blockers for this window to appear. Make a note of your Case number for reference.
- If you need to attach any files, click on the "Upload Files" button on the Files tab. This will open a new pop-up window that will allow you to select a file for upload. The Case number and email address will be pre-populated, but you will need to enter a detailed description of the file being uploaded.
- If you need to upload multiple files, click on the "Add another file" link and repeat step 8. Continue looping through this process until all files have been uploaded.
To help expedite assignment to an engineer when opening a Case related to a performance issue, please include answers to these questions in the description of your Case or add them as a note:
- Detailed description of the Performance Problem.
- Which Ports, Host Storage Domains, LUNs, Array Groups, LDEVs, and/or Pools are having performance issues?
- What types of applications are affected? What are the application or database names?
- Timeline (please specify the Time Zone being used, like PST, GMT, UTC, etc).
- At what time(s) does the problem start?
- At what time(s) does the problem go away?
- Any additional anomalies?
- Data Collection from Performance Monitor. Please upload a 24 hour collection from the array and upload to TUF.
- Do you have any Virtual Instruments (VI Output Data) or other 3d party performance monitoring metrics during the time period in question? If so, please upload to TUF.
- Trigger a Detail Dump from Storage Array
- Is there another array being virtualized behind the array that you opened the Performance Case on? If so, what is the serial number?
- Time Difference Between Storage and Server(s) NTP?
For additional details about Support Connect, please see: Support Connect Overview
Dump Data Collection (RAID) - http://knowledge.hitachivantara.com/HDS_Information/TUF/Storage/RAID_Data_Collection
Simple Trace Data Collection (DF Hardware) - http://knowledge.hitachivantara.com/HDS_Information/TUF/Storage/DF_Hardware_Data_Collection
RAID Performance Data Collection - http://knowledge.hitachivantara.com/HDS_Information/TUF/Storage/RAID_Open_Systems_Performance_Data_Collection
DF Performance Data Collection - http://knowledge.hitachivantara.com/HDS_Information/TUF/Storage/DF_Performance_Data_Collection_-_Overview