- To collect logs from an Extreme 200 Series Switch for troubleshooting
- Content Platform
- Extreme Networks
- Connect serial cable (pinout varies by product) into console port.
- Open PuTTY or another terminal emulator.
- Set the serial connection settings to:
- 9600 bps
- no parity
- 8 data bits
- 1 stop bit
- XON/XOFF flow control
Do not use hardware flow control. The switch does not use it and will never assert CTS.
- Login using (default credentials provided below):
- user: admin
- password: leave empty
- Enter into Privilege EXEC mode
(Extreme 210)> enable
- Disable CLI paging:
(Extreme 210)# terminal length 0
- While in Privileged EXEC (enable) mode and having configured the terminal emulator for capture, issue the following command:
(Extreme 210)# show tech-support
Sources from Extreme Networks: