CHANGING DISCOVERY METHOD FROM BROCADE API TO SMI-A for HSSM v5
1. Download Brocade SMI Agent v110.5.0a from http://www.brocade.com
2. Install the SMI agent on any windows server that has IP connectivity to the switches. (fibre channel connectivity not required.) It is not recommended to install the Brocade SMI agent on the HSSM management server. It will work in small SAN environments, but will affect performance in medium to large SANs.
Follow directions in the attached SMI agent installation instructions.
Notes on the install:
** Regarding the security option,
- In the few customer installations customers have been advised to elect to use no security. That is the way the product was tested in the lab. The customer will have to make the decision whether to proceed with this method.
** Eventing and ARR ports"
- Typically not used.
** Rn agent as a service
- Choose to run the agent as a service.
** Enter the ip address of one switch per fabric.
- Should be the primary switch or the switch with the highest FOS version. All other switches in the fabric will be discovered automatically.
3. Remove the custom property that tells HSSM to use the Brocade API:
In HSSM, go to Configuration -> Product Health -> Advanced and Remove the "cimom.brocade.useApi=true" entry from the custom properties window -> Click Save -> exit the browser -> restart the AppStorManager? service on the HSSM server.
4. From HSSM, initiate a discovery of the server with the SMI agent installed:
5. In HSSM, select the server with the newly installed Brocade SMI-A Proxy. Go to step 3 and perform a Get All Element Details(GAED).