Priority: ● High
First Published: 25 September, 2023
Advisory Version: 1.0
References: CVE-2022-4304, CVE-2023-0215, CVE-2023-0286, CVE-2023-0464, CVE-2023-0465, CVE-2023-0466, CVE-2022-4450, CVE-2023-0215, CVE-2023-0286, CVE-2022-3996, CVE-2022-4203, CVE-2023-0216, CVE-2023-0217, CVE-2023-0401
Hitachi Content Intelligence v2.2.2 has been assessed for SSL vulnerabilities indicated by the CVE identifiers in the table below.
The following matrix lists Hitachi Vantara products and solutions which have been confirmed to be affected by these vulnerabilities.
|Fixed Release Version
|Hitachi Content Intelligence v2.2.2
· CVE-2022-4304: Affected ¹
1 An affected version of SSL (v1.1.1o) is used.
Products Confirmed Not Vulnerable
At the time of this advisory's publication, only products listed in the Vulnerable Products section above are confirmed to be affected by this vulnerability.
The SSL vulnerabilities affecting Hitachi Content Intelligence, as indicated by a status of "Affected" in the table above, are mitigated by adhering to best practices while configuring HCI. These include:
1) Setting up HCI systems to use both an internal (private) and external network
2) Configuring a firewall to block all ports coming into or out of an HCI cluster, with the exception of ports 8000, 8080, and 6162
3) Please reference the following Hitachi Vantara Documentation for additional guidance
- See “Installing Hitachi Content Intelligence, Chapter 2: System Requirements and Sizing - Ports”
- See “Installing Hitachi Content Intelligence, Appendix F: Example HCI Firewall Setup”
Performed in combination, these steps are sufficient to eliminate exposure.
Please continue to check this Security Advisory, as new information will be added to it as it becomes available.
If any of the information presented above remains unclear, please contact the Hitachi Vantara Global Support Center, or your Vantara-authorized service and support provider.
The information contained herein is for informational purposes only. It is not intended as a guaranty or warranty about Hitachi Vantara’s products, including any guaranty or warranty that any product cannot be exploited by third parties. All product warranties and obligations to a customer must be specified in a mutually acceptable and executed contract between the parties.