The Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform G350 and VSP G370 is a versatile modular, rack-mountable hybrid array storage system equipped with drive boxes, supporting SAS hard-disk drives and flash drives, scaled for various storage capacity configurations.
The storage systems provide high performance operations by using multiple controllers with high-speed processors, dual in-line cache memory modules (DIMMs), cache flash memory (CFM), battery, fans and ports to connect iSCSI and Fibre Channel I/O modules. Each controller has an Ethernet connection for out-of-band management. If the data path through one controller fails, all data drives remain available to hosts using a redundant data path through the other controller.
For reliability, essential hardware components are implemented with a redundant configuration so that the storage system can remain operational if a component fails. Adding and replacing components, along with firmware upgrades, can be conducted while the storage system is active and without interruption of data availability to the hosts. A hot spare drive can be configured to replace a failed data drive automatically, securing the fault-tolerant integrity of the logical drives. Self-contained, hardware-based RAID logical drives provide maximum performance in compact external enclosures.
A storage system configured for block-level storage provides the ability to access and provision raw storage volumes using protocols such as Fibre Channel and iSCSI.
A block configuration consists of the following:
- One multiple controller chassis with on-board drives
- One or more optional drive trays
- Optional service processor (SVP)
All storage systems are highly reliable, versatile, and able to scale its performance by adding more drive chassis and data drives. Depending on the system configuration, the drive chassis offerings support SAS-interface disk and solid-state drives.
- Multiple controller configuration distributes processing to each controller
- Equipped with high capacity cache to provide a total of 256 GB or128 GB of high-speed processing
- Flash drive configuration increases I/O processing speeds
- Equipped with 32/16-Gbps Fibre Channel or 10-Gbps iSCSI interface facilitates high-speed data transfer
- Main system components are configured with redundancy to maintain continued service
- RAID 1, RAID 5, and RAID 6 support (RAID 6 including 14D+2P)
- Provides data security by transferring data to cache flash memory at the time of a power outage
- Supports small form-factor drive trays (DBS/DBSE) requiring 2U of rack space and up to 24 2.5-inch HDDs and/or flash drives can be installed
- Supports large form factor drive trays (DBL/DBLE) requiring 2U of rack space and up to 12 3.5-inch HDDs can be installed
- Supports high-density intermix drive tray (DB60) requiring 4U of rack space and a selection of up to 60 2.5-inch and 3.5-inch HDDs can be installed
- Supports system environments with mixed operating systems such as UNIX, Linux, Windows, and VMware