The NAS Platform Series 5000 server comes in two models: 5200 and 5300.
These server models have a chassis that is 3U (5.25 inches) high, 480 millimeters (19 inches) wide, rack mountable, and a maximum of 686 millimeters (27 inches) deep, excluding the bezel. The chassis contains:
- Front bezel
- NAS Platform Series 5000 Base Server
- Dual hot-swappable fan assemblies
- Dual hot-swappable power supplies
- Dual hot-swappable 2.5" O/S disk drive
If there is an issue with the NAS Platform Series 5000 Base Server, the server must be returned for repair. Some of the other components can be replaced in the field, and some are hot-swappable (they can be changed without shutting down the server).
Field replaceable units (FRUs) include power supplies, fan assemblies, and disk drives.
New FRUs supported on the HNAS 5000 include:
- SX325151 – FRU HNAS 5000 SERVER (without PSUs, bezel, and rail kit)
- SX325152 – FRU HNAS 5000 (495W) PSU
- SX325155 – FRU HNAS 5000 SSD MODULE
- SX170320 – MODULE SFP+ 16GBIT TRANSCEIVER
Existing FRUs supported on the HNAS 5000 include:
- SX325116 – FRU HNAS 5000 FAN TRAY (Fan ID: 1)
- SX325142 – FRU HNAS 5000 CLIP-IN RAIL KIT
- SX325150 – FRU HNAS SERVER BEZEL KIT