These considerations apply to modifying replication links:
- You can modify a replication link in the HCP System Management Console for either system involved in the link.
- You can modify a replication link at any time.
- You can change an active/passive link to an active/active link, but you cannot change an active/active link to an active/passive link.
- When changing an active/passive link to active/active, you need to ensure that replication checkpoints are up to date before converting, otherwise you risk losing directory metadata.
- You cannot change the direction of an active/passive link.
- If you change the domain name or IP addresses for either system involved in a link, the new domain name or IP addresses must identify the same system. The exception to this is when you’re reconfiguring the link before restoring it to a new or rebuilt system.
- When you change an active/passive link to an active/active link, HCP suspends activity on the link. You need to resume activity on the link manually.
- While updating link properties other than the link type, HCP temporarily suspends activity on the link.