You can increase the value of a retention class at any time. These changes increase the value:
- From an offset to a larger offset
- From Deletion Allowed to an offset or Deletion Prohibited
If the namespace is in enterprise mode, you can decrease the value of a retention class at any time. These changes decrease the value:
- From an offset to a smaller offset
- From an offset to Deletion Allowed
- From Deletion Prohibited to an offset or Deletion Allowed
If the value of a retention class is Initial Unspecified, you can change it to any other value at any time. You can change the value to Initial Unspecified only from Deletion Allowed.
You can enable or disable the autodeletion feature at any time. You can also change the class description at any time.
In the Retention Classes panel, in the list of retention classes, click the edit control () for the retention class you want to modify.
In the Edit Retention Class window, make the changes you want.
Click Update Settings.