To view, create, and manage tenants, you use the Tenants page in the HCP System Management Console. To display this page, in the top-level menu, click Tenants.
The Create Tenant bar on the Tenants page shows:
- The total amount of storage currently used by all namespaces in the HCP system
- The total amount of storage still available out of the total storage capacity for the HCP system
The Tenants page also lists the existing tenants.
Understanding the tenant list
The Tenants page contains a list of existing tenants. For each tenant, the list shows:
- The tenant name.
- In an HCP system that uses virtual networking, the network assigned to the tenant for management purposes.
- In an HCP system that uses virtual networking, the network assigned to the tenant for data access purposes.
- Icons for any current alerts that apply to the tenant. Alerts indicate conditions that may need your attention. To see the text that accompanies an alert icon, hover over the icon.
- The total amount of storage currently used by all the tenant's namespaces.
- For HCP tenants only, a graphical representation of the amount of storage used out of the hard quota for the tenant.
- For HCP tenants only, the hard quota for the tenant.
- For the default tenant and for each HCP tenant that has been configured to allow system-level users to manage it and search its namespaces, an icon () that you can click to open the Tenant Management Console for the tenant.
To view additional information about an individual tenant, click the tenant name.
Managing the tenant list
By default, the tenant list on the Tenants page includes all existing tenants. The tenants are listed 20 at a time in ascending order by tenant name.
You can page through, sort, and filter the list of tenants. The Tenants page indicates which tenants are shown out of the total number of tenants in the current list.
You can change the number of tenants shown at a time on the Tenants page. To do this, in the Items per page field, select the number of tenants you want. The options are 10, 20, and 50.
To page forward or backward through the tenant list, click the next () or back () control, respectively.
Before you begin
In the Page field, type the page number you want.
You can sort the tenant list in ascending or descending order by tenant name, management network, data access network, or hard quota. To sort the list, click the column heading for the property you want to sort by. Each time you click the column heading, the sort order switches between ascending and descending.
You can filter the tenant list by tenant name, management network, data access network, or tag. The filtered list includes only those tenants with a name, management network, data access network, or tag, as applicable, that begins with or is the same as a specified text string.
You can filter the tenant list by using the fields above the list. You can also filter the list by tag by using the tag control.
Before you begin
In the field above the Name column, select the property you want to filter by.
In the next field, type the text string you want to use as a filter. This string can be up to 64 characters long, can contain any valid UTF-8 characters except commas (,), and is not case sensitive. White space is allowed.
Click the find control ().
To redisplay the entire list of tenants after filtering it, click the clear filter control ().
Filter the tenant list by tag using the tag control
Click the tag control () on the right above the tenant list.The Tags window opens. This window lists all the tags currently associated with the existing tenants. For each tag, the window shows the number of associated tenants.
Click the tenant-count icon () for the tag you want.The tenant list shows only the tenants that have the selected tag, and the fields above the Name column show the filter criteria.