The Software as a Service (SaaS) offering combines Hitachi Ops Center Analyzer (Analyzer) and Ops Center Analyzer detail view (detail view) capabilities through the cloud to enable on-premises capability with the SaaS-based deployment option.
The Analyzer SaaS provides advanced IT infrastructure analytics and management capabilities to manage your infrastructure and optimize your IT operations. It enables you to quickly identify, isolate, and resolve performance problems.
With SaaS you can proactively avoid unplanned down-time and potential risks, minimize cost, and align with changing business requirements. It enables proactive monitoring from the application level of all network and storage resources, for end-to-end visibility of your monitored environment.
Benefits of Analyzer SaaS
Analyzer SaaS provides a complete performance and analytics cloud-based solution for managing your infrastructure resources.
Analyzer SaaS provides the following benefits:
- Lowers operational overhead and expanded flexibility.
- Reduces cost by eliminating on-premise management server installation, and setup.
- Enables cloud scalability to address your needs as your business evolves.
Features of Analyzer SaaS
Analyzer SaaS provides intelligent SLO-based system monitoring, alerting, reporting, and troubleshooting functions to manage and optimize your IT infrastructure operations.
- SLO enforcement Monitoring and enforcement of storage SLOs.
- Change monitoringAccurately logging storage configuration changes and comparing their impact with performance degradation.
- End-to-end monitoring Topology mapping of all networked storage resources: hosts, virtual machines, storage paths, SAN switches, storage ports, storage pools, and physical and logical storage resources.
- Default reportsThe first time you log on to Ops Center Analyzer, the dashboard shows the following reports by default: System Status Summary for Consumers and User Resources, Event Trends, System Resource Status, and Resource Events. You can customize which reports display by default.
- Critical reportsCritical reports show resources in your storage infrastructure that have exceeded their thresholds. Critical reports are available for consumers, VMs, volumes, hosts, and system resources.
- Summary reportsSummary reports give you a high-level view of storage infrastructure resources. These reports are available for consumers, VMs, volumes, and system resources. Each summary report shows the number of resources with critical and warning alerts.
- Capacity reports Capacity reports give you a measure of the capacity consumption of your data center resources and enable you to optimize the capacity usage of the existing storage resources. By monitoring the capacity reports, you can forecast future capacity requirements of your data center.
- Other reports Ops Center Analyzer provides additional reports about hypervisors, switches, and system and resource events.
Ops Center Analyzer supports creating custom reports by running queries or by using an existing template for monitoring capacity and configuration data. You can also access the report builder from the Analyzer detail view UI to build custom reports for monitoring performance data.
In-context launch of Analyzer detail view Reports
You can access Analyzer detail view reports at any time directly from the E2E View. Simply click any resource icon and select Show Report in Analyzer detail view.
You can analyze the data usage trends for your monitored SaaS applications on yearly, monthly and daily basis. You can review and understand the usage trends and purchase additional licenses based on your past usage trends.
- Problem identification and analysis Use intelligent diagnostics to isolate and analyze the root cause of performance bottlenecks. Generate recovery plans for processor and cache bottlenecks.
Analyzer SaaS system configuration
The following figure shows the system configuration of the Analyzer SaaS model.
Hitachi handles the installation and setup of the Ops Center Analyzer server and Analyzer detail view server, manages software upgrades, maintains regular backup of your data, provides troubleshooting support to manage your infrastructure, and ensures that security measures are in place. Communication to the public cloud, and communication between your browser and the Analyzer probe server is encrypted. Analyzer SaaS enables you to manage your business needs with greater agility and efficiency.
You can access Analyzer SaaS using a web browser for monitoring and reporting end-to-end performance from hosts through shared storage resources.
You must install and configure the following components in your environment:
- Analyzer probe server: The Analyzer probe server enables you to collect performance and configuration data from your monitored resources.
- Management client: Using a supported web browser, you can access Analyzer SaaS.
Ops Center Analyzer collects and correlates data from the following sources:
- Hitachi storage systems
- Brocade and Cisco Fibre Channel switches
- VMware hypervisors
- Linux hosts
- Windows hosts
Analyzer SaaS installation and configuration workflow
The following figure shows the workflow for installing and setting up Analyzer SaaS.
The workflow for installing and setting up Analyzer SaaS is as follows: