The Sony RealShot Manager connector enables HVS to communicate and integrate with Sony RealShot Manager. Video from Sony will be seamlessly integrated and displayed within the HVS interface. Within HVS Sony can then be correlated to be used with other HVS features. The integration relies upon the capabilities of the Sony RealShot Manager to provide feature accessibility within HVS.
Prerequisites and Configuration Considerations
- Sony RealShot Manager VMS runs on a Windows machine (32 or 64 bit).
- Sony RealShot Manager API needs to be enabled.
- Sony RealShot Manager needs to be configured to stream and record in MJPEG.
- The Sony connector runs on a 64 bit Windows machine.
- Video channels can be discovered through the Sony VMS.
- Tested with Sony RealShot Manager API v188.8.131.52.
- The Sony integration is supported in HVS versions 4.7.6 and above.
See Video Connector Matrix for the supported VMS features for this connector.
Known SDK Limitations
The following list describes the limitations of the OnSSI Ocularis SDK.
Export clip takes a long time
Exporting a clip takes about twice the length of the clip.
Workaround: Not available
Does not support native Sony Camera & h264
The connector only supports ONVIF with MJPEG codec.
Updating a camera name in VMS may not stream in HVS (PS-3382)
When update the camera name in VMS after the Sony connector is configured in HVS may not stream in HVS.
Workaround: Restart HVS Sony Connector.