Creating a bucket index
To create a bucket index:
On the HCP Bucket Indexing panel, click Create Object.
Edit the settings of your bucket index.
- Name: The name of the bucket search object.
- Description: A description of the bucket search object.
- Output Index Name: The name of the index to be used as the output. This index must not already exist prior to creating the bucket search object.
- Kafka Topic Name: The name of the Kafka topic to be created. This name is used to configure the HCP-CS system.
- HCP for Cloud Scale System to Monitor: Domain name of the HCP for cloud scale system.
- Access Key ID: Access key ID for the HCP for cloud scale system.
- Secret Access Key: Secret access key for the HCP for cloud scale system.
- Initial Index Shard Count: The initial shard could to be used when creating the Solr index.
- Use Proxy Server: Enables use of a proxy server to connect to the system.
From within HCP-CS S3 Console, create a bucket with an event notifications policy enabled and setup with the following settings:
- Events: s3:ObjectCreated:
- Events: s3:ObjectRemoved:
- Target > Target type: Kafka
- Target > Hostname: Your system's IP address
- Target > Port: 9092
- Target > TLS: False
- Target > Username: Not required
- Target > Password: Not required
- Target > Topic: Your Kafka Topic Name
On the HCP-CS system, click ACCEPT AND ADD CERTIFICATE to connect.HCI auto-generates the bucket search object pipeline and workflow.
Click the HCP Bucket Indexing panel to view your new workflow.