About hardware and performance testing
This topic summarizes the system configurations and settings used by Hitachi Vantara to characterize HCI hardware and provide system sizing guidance for Hitachi Content Search.
Constant settings for all testing
- Documents indexed: Small text documents, average 5 KB
- Number of indexes per system: 1
- Index Protection Level per index: 1
- Workflow task settings: All defaults
- Data connection: HCP MQE data connection
- Initial schema setting for each index: Schemaless. Includes:
- 151 defined fields
- 73 dynamic fields
- 3 copy fields
- Shards per index: Equal to the number of instances running the Index service.
- Instance and service configurations:
|Number of instances||Instances running the Index service||Instances running the Workflow-Agent service|
For information on:
- System sizing guidance, see Sizing guidance for Hitachi Content Search.
- Index Protection Level settings, shards, and index schema options, see the HCI Administrator Help, which is available from the HCI Admin App.