When you enable the Gather HCP MAPI Metrics signal for a source, HCM uses the HCP management API (MAPI) to gather object storage metrics for each HCP tenant.
To configure HCP to allow MAPI access:
Log into the HCP System Management Console.
On the Management API page, select Enable the HCP management API.
In the IP address Allow and Deny lists, make sure that the HCP system allows MAPI access to all IP addresses in the HCM system. You can do this, for example, by adding all HCM system instance IP addresses to the Allow list.
Click Update Settings.
To collect data using MAPI, HCM needs the username and password for an HCP system-level user account.
If you don't have an HCP user account you want to use, to create one:
- Log into the HCP System Management Console.
- Select > > .
- Specify a username, full name, and password for the account.
- Ensure that Enable account is selected.
- On the Roles tab, select at least the Monitor role.
- Click Create User Account.