When you enable the Monitor system via MAPI signal for a source, HCM uses the HCP S management API (MAPI) to gather object storage metrics.
To configure HCP S to allow MAPI access:
Log into the HCP S System Management Console.
In the Access Control Allow and Deny lists, make sure that the HCP S system allows MAPI access to all IP addresses in the HCM system. You can do this, for example, by adding all HCM system instance IP addresses to the Allow list.
Click Save Settings.
To collect data using MAPI, HCM needs the username and password for an HCP S system-level user account.
If you don't have an HCP S user account:
- Log into the HCP S System Management Console.
- Click the System tab.
- Click the Users tab.
- Click Create.
- Specify a username, full name, and password for the account.
- Ensure that Enable account is selected.
- On the Roles tab, at a minimum, select the Administrator role.
- Click Create User Account.