To set additional safeguards on your local account(s) (both admin and secondary admin users), new password settings can be implemented to enhance their security.Found under the Configuration > Security > Password Settings tab, administrators can apply any or all of the following policies:
- Password Expiration (Days): The number of days until a password needs to be reset.
- Minimum Password Age (Days): The number of days until a password can be changed again. Set this value to 0 to ignore it.
- Password History: The number of unique new passwords that must be associated with an account before an old password can be resused. Set this value to 0 to ignore it.
- Allowed Login Attempts: The number of failed login attempts before a user is locked out of the system. Set this value to 0 to ignore it.
- Lockout Duration Mode: The amount of time (in minutes) that a user is locked out of the system after reaching the maximum Allowed Login Attempts.