Select Dashboard > Configuration.
In the Type field, select Email.
Type a name for the notification rule.
Under SMTP settings, click Enable to enable the rule.
Configure the SMTP and message settings for the notification rule.
Specify a comma-separated list of emails to send notifications to.
Email notification rule settings
For the system to send email notifications, you need to create a rule that specifies who to email, what email server to use, what events to send emails about, and what information to include in email messages.
- Enable: Turns on email notifications.
- Host: The hostname or IP address of the email server.
- Port: The port on which the email server listens for email messages.
- Security: The security protocol used by the email server (SSL or STARTTLS) or None if the email server doesn’t use a security protocol.
- Authenticated: Enable this if the email server needs authentication, then specify:
- In the Username field, the username for an email account that’s authorized to establish the connection between the system and the email server.
- In the Password field, the password for the email account.
You use the email notification message settings to configure a template for formatting all email notifications sent by the system.
- From: The email address from which you want email notifications to be sent.
- Subject: The email subject.
- Body: The email message body.
This table lists the variables you can use to make the email notification template. When the system sends an email notification, it replaces the variables in the notification with event-specific information.
|$severity||Event severity: INFO, WARNING, or SEVERITY.|
|$subject||A short description of the event.|
|$message||Event message text.|
|$userName||Name of the user responsible for the event.|
|$objectId||Unique identifier for component affected by the event.|
|$subsystem||Category for the component affected by the event.|
|$objectSourceId||Unique identifier of the internal system component or process that was the source of the event. Value is [unknown] for most events.|
- Email addresses: A comma-separated list of email addresses to send notification emails to.
- Severity Filter: The event severity level to use when triggering email notifications. Can be one or more of the following: INFO, WARNING, or SEVERITY.
Related CLI commands
Related REST API methods
You can get help on specific REST API methods for the Admin App at REST API - Admin.