Expedite the troubleshooting process for the most common issues by reviewing and answering the following questions for your product.
General Troubleshooting Questions
- What is the version of Hitachi Command Suite (HCS) and Hitachi Automation Director (HAD)?
- To Check: Log in to HiCommand Suite and Hitachi Automation Director, go to Help and Click “About” which will tell the version.
- Is Hitachi Automation Director (HAD) deployed using an Open Virtualization Appliance (OVA) or standard installer?
- Is HCS and HAD running on the same server or on different machines?
- Is this a new deployment or existing one?
- Is the issue occurring while trying to add Device Manager or vCenter or Brocade Network Advisor?
- If yes, are these configured to use SSL (https)?
- Are there any error messages with connection status at Web service connections?
- To Check: Log in to Hitachi Automation Director, go to Administration and Click on Web Service Connections which will show the “connection status”
- Is the issue occurring while trying to run any service template?
- If yes, please provide the name and version?
- What version of BNA, vCenter, or Oracle are you using?
Service Template Related Questions
- What Service template are you using?
- Is the Service Template a public template or a custom built template?
- What parameters are you providing to the Service Template? Example: Infrastructure group, hosts, storage array, storage ports, host WWNs, fabric, Vmware, Oracle, etc.
- Are there resources in the infrastructure group you are attempting to use?
- If yes, what resources are in the infrastructure group?
- Please provide a topology diagram of the environment or between the devices you are attempting to use with the service.