How to create a new Case on Support Connect.
Cases Overview Video
Steps to Create a Case
- Log into your Support Connect account (requires registration)
- Click Cases in the left navigation
- Click +New Case in the upper right
- Choose your site, enter your product name or serial number and provide a short description of the issue
- Review the suggested Knowledge articles to see if they solve your issue. If you find a relevant article that answers your question, click the Never Mind Problem Solved button. If not, click the Continue Submitting Case button.
- Complete the Case form:
- Title: Give the Case a brief title (100 character limit)
- Description: This field is pre-populated with the description originally entered in step 4. Please add as much information as available and provide answers to standard performance questions if the issue is related to a performance problem (See Additional Notes below).
- Severity: Select from Severity 2 through Severity 5 (NOTE: Severity 1 is not available when creating a Case on Support Connect. For Severity 1 issues, please CALL Hitachi Vantara Support or contact your SAM for immediate assistance)
- Product and Site are automatically populated based on your selections in step 4.
- Reported By: Select when you would like to be contacted in the Availability drop down list. Also, select an alternate contact from the Additional Contacts drop down or select Add New Contact from the drop down to add a new contact to the list. If your company has a 24 hour Command Center or NOC, enter the group email address / phone number as the alternate contact.
- Click the Submit Case button
- Once Case is created, you will be taken to the Case Details page
- If you need to attach any files, click on the Upload Files button on the Case Details page or go to the Files tab and click the Upload Files button.
- This will open a new pop-up window that will allow you to select a file for upload. The Case number and email address will be pre-populated, but you will need to enter a detailed description of the file being uploaded.
- If you need to upload multiple files, click Add another file and repeat step 9. Continue looping through this process until all files have been uploaded.
To help expedite assignment to an engineer when opening a Case related to a performance issue, please include answers to these questions in the description of your Case or add them as a note:
- Detailed description of the Performance Problem.
- Which Ports, Host Storage Domains, LUNs, Array Groups, LDEVs, and/or Pools are having performance issues?
- What types of applications are affected? What are the application or database names?
- Timeline (please specify the Time Zone being used, like PST, GMT, UTC, etc).
- At what time(s) does the problem start?
- At what time(s) does the problem go away?
- Any additional anomalies?
- Data Collection from Performance Monitor. Please upload a 24 hour collection from the array and upload to TUF.
- Do you have any Virtual Instruments (VI Output Data) or other 3d party performance monitoring metrics during the time period in question? If so, please upload to TUF.
- Trigger a Detail Dump from Storage Array
- Is there another array being virtualized behind the array that you opened the Performance Case on? If so, what is the serial number?
- Time Difference Between Storage and Server(s) NTP?
For more information about Support Connect, please see the following articles: