Analyze the key metrics to track the current capacity usage and performance, predict the future capacity requirements, and plan for future demand proactively.
Capacity by storage system
- From the STaaS Dashboard
The STaaS Dashboard displays the key capacity utilization metrics by storage system. You can select a storage system that you want to monitor from the Dashboard list.
You can monitor the following capacity metrics:
- Total Capacity: The sum of the total capacity of the storage system.
- Used Capacity: The sum of the capacity of all volumes provisioned to the subscribers by a partner.
- Remaining Capacity: The total capacity minus the used capacity.
- No of VVOLs: The total number of volumes provisioned to the subscribers by a partner.
- Storage Availability: The percentage of time the storage has been available to fulfill provisioning requests in the last 30 days.
- From the Storage tab
- To view the storage system details, from the Storage tab, click the storage system line item, and then click the Details tab. In the Details tab, you can view the capacity utilization metrics of the storage system.
- To view the graph of capacity utilization metrics, from the Storage tab, click the storage system line item, and then click the Capacity tab:
Performance by storage system
You can monitor the performance of the storage system associated with a partner organization to identify the performance bottlenecks.
From the STaaS Dashboard, you can access the performance reports of a storage system.
You can monitor the storage system performance by analyzing the following key performance metrics:
- Port (IOPS): The number of I/O read and write operations per second to the storage system ports.
- Port (Throughput): The number of I/O operations processed by the storage system over the last second (IOPS).
- VVOL IOPS (Read): The number of I/O read operations per second of the target volume.
- VVOL IOPS (Write): The number of I/O write operations per second of the target volume.
- VVOL Throughput (Read): The number of I/Os to the target volume per second when the file read processing is performed.
- VVOL Throughput (Write): The number of I/Os to the target volume per second when the file write processing is performed.
- VVOL Latency (Read): The average read response time (μs).
- VVOL Latency (Write): The average write response time (μs).
- Uptime: The percentage availability of all resources within the provisioning flow which includes storage system, IO operator, and uplink to the STaaS UI. You can view up to 180 days of availability information.